Thursday, May 10, 2018

Ten On Ten

Happy May Ten on Ten!
May is one of our busier months in the year, we have a ton of family birthdays along with Mother's day and of course wrapping up the school year with lots of school activities.   Luckily after being pretty busy everyday this week today was my least busy day and was much needed!


Hubby was gone for work last night so Brooklyn slept with me and she was tossing and turning so much that I didn't sleep very well so I was up bright and early.   I'm happily enjoying my morning pick me up while the girls are getting ready for school in their rooms.


After I dropped them off I came home and worked out.  If I don't do it right away it usually doesn't happen so no matter how much I try to negotiate with myself I do my best to make sure I stay with it.


After a shower and some laundry I wrapped and got all of the Mother's day presents together to make sure I had everything I needed and now I have one less thing to worry about this weekend.


I left and ran a few errands to get the rest of the gifts together and went to sign Brooklyn up for swim lessons.  When I got back home it was time to get ironing done.  My very least favorite thing to do in this world but atleast I caught up on my Real Housewives while I did it!


My roses are finally blooming!
I love being able to cut fresh flowers for the house whenever I want.


Time to pick up my girls and yay for having a new book to keep me busy while I wait.


 Brooklyn limped out of school today.  Her teacher had already called and notified me earlier that she took a bad fall while running the track so I knew she was going to be hurt but I didn't know she had so many cuts.  So proud of her for being brave and barely crying when it all happened.   She was running as fast as she could because she had to be first when she tripped over a rock and fell hard on the concrete.


Kayla has to memorize the states, their capitals and locations for a test coming up.  I don't know why we are doing this in the last three weeks of school but we were having a great time trying to memorize them all anyway.


The day of course ended with soccer practice and while Kayla practiced, Brooklyn played with her friends and I read in the car.


Tomorrow is Friday and I'm very much looking forward to a weekend full of Mother's day celebrations with a soccer game thrown in there too of course.

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Loved spending your day with you, Shannon.
I am totally jealous that you have your ironing done.
My pile keeps getting bigger, but I am not about to do it over Mother's Day weekend!
Have a great one!!!