Sunday, May 20, 2018

Pastries with Parents

Thursday morning all of the second graders at Brooklyn's school invited their parents to Pastries with Parents where we got to enjoy coffee/tea and donuts with our babies.  The kids then got to interview us asking us questions about our childhood and afterwards they all got up on stage and sang the saddest and sweetest song to all of us.


 I knew I was going to cry this year because I remember getting teary eyed years ago when Kayla sang the very same song and this year I just knew it was going to be a whole harder to sit through!  Having Kayla going off to middle school and Brooklyn leaving the fun part of elementary school behind(3rd grade is a whole lot different from the previous fun years in elementary) the song they sang had a whole new meaning to me.

(Kayla who always makes sure to come by and find us on campus just to say hi and give us hugs)

Poor Brooklyn held in her tears until almost the end and then once she saw me wiping away my tears she lost it up there as well.  She's such a sweetheart.


We had such a great time with our girl and I still can't believe we are so close to another school year done.  Time really needs to slow down!



No comments: